Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An introduction...

You will notice that I like ellipses...
They leave a sentence open-ended in a way that is comforting to me. Sometimes periods are appropriate, but many times ellipses are the only way to communicate the fluidity of a thought - that it may or may not be complete...

The name of the blog, "The Capricious Devotee," is a oxymoron of sorts, but not. It is true that I am devoted to many things, one of which is being unapologetically capricious. After 25 years of life fighting to remain constant and faithful to something - a hobby, a style, a favorite music or color, a philosophical posture - I've given up on all but the crucial. I have finally accepted the fact that I am inherently fickle and should just learn how to deal with it. 

Thus, this blog will be a hot mess - meaning that it will have no rhyme or reason to speak of. One day I may blog something akin to political genius and the next, Benefit lipgloss.  My apologies, but go with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment